Magic 3-Ingredient Scones
Who says quarantine baking needs to be hard? The Happy Foodie has an AMAZING 3-ingredient recipe for Magic (yes, MAGIC!) Scones!
Our Graphic Designer, Amelia, gave them a try and they turned out pretty well!
Check out their recipe below!
- 600g self-raising flour
- 300ml double cream
- 1 x 330ml can of lemonade
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/200°C fan.
- Sift the flour into a mixing bowl.
- Slowly add the cream, followed by the can of lemonade. Stir the mixture together using a metal spoon. I try to avoid using a wooden spoon, as a metal one cuts through the mixture better.
- Use your hands to bring the dough together, and shape it into a ball in the bowl, adding a few more tablespoons of flour if it’s too sticky.
- Working quickly (so it keeps its shape), turn it out on to a heavily floured surface and knead it lightly.
- Pat the dough to a thickness of around 4cm and cut into circles using the cutter or, if you don’t have one, the rim of a clean glass or small mug (you’ll lose the pleats, but it’s better than nothing).
- Put the scones on a baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper, around 3cm apart, neatening them up using a wet knife if necessary.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes. Give them another few minutes if the tops haven’t turned golden brown.
- Allow to cool on a wire rack.
Share your Magic Scone creations with us on Facebook or Instagram @mistralclothing